I see the status tab on my blog that says people read my blog, but I never really believed it. I assumed there were some little statistician elves that go around delivering numbers to make me feel better about my efforts in blogging. Apparently, though, the woman behind The Illusion of Controlled Chaos (you should really check it out) has read my blog and nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. I am not quite sure versatile is the right word to describe my blog, but I am honored nonetheless. Normally, I do not do things like this, because it kind of reminds me of chain letters. You know, the ones you got in grade school where if you did not pass it on to 12 other people by midnight the love of your life would never speak to you again…or worse, there would be a worldwide shortage on unicorns as pets. Buuuut, now that I am older and mildly wiser, I have decided to do it anyway.
Here are the “rules” (because awards now come with rules):
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award (ha, yeah, because I read 15 blogs, not true)
Ok, so seven things about myself:
1) I graduated Summa Cum Laude (3.91 GPA) from a private college with a degree in Early Childhood Education. I aspire to someday soon get a job teaching.
2) I have a kitten named Rowan whom I saved this summer from the woods after she had fallen out of a tree and been attacked by some sort of animal. She is extraordinarily dumb, so I named her after my favorite TV show character growing up, Mr. Bean (played by the multifaceted Rowan Atkinson…did you know he was Zazu in The Lion King?).
3) I have one sibling who is nine years younger than me (meaning she is still in high school). She has the exact opposite birth date and initials as me. I am RM she is MR. I was born 1/8 and she was born 8/1.
4) I LOVE photography. If I was skilled enough to do it for a living, I would. I do not go many places without my Nikon D5000 over my shoulder.
5) I am a Christian…which is why I put a verse at the end of almost all of my posts.
6) I hope to one day see gay marriage legalized in all states. If I am able to get married because I am straight, why shouldn’t that same luxury be afforded to those who are gay?
7) It is killing me to only do seven of these because my O.C.D (actually diagnosed… I hate when people say they have O.C.D simply because they like things clean, no, you just like things clean, you don’t have it. The same thing goes for eating disorders. I hate when people who do not understand the hell of eating disorders claim to have them) manifests itself in me doing everything in even numbers. But, I am going to challenge that, and only do seven of these.
Then it says to nominate 15 bloggers…Here’s the thing, I do not regularly read 15 different blogs. So, I am going to nominate some blogs I actually do read and love:
1) This first blog is one to which I owe a million thank yous. I do not know where I would be had I not come across it. Meredith has an amazing and innate ability to put her thoughts and feelings into words in such a way that leaves you incredibly touched, empowered and full of love…all at once. I am so glad that she has become a friend and mentor of mine. Just by being Meredith, she reminds daily me how great of a gift life can be and that recovery is one of the best things that I can do for myself. This blog, there are no words to describe how much I love this blog, you will just have to visit it yourself. http://thissideofthecreek.com/
2) My amazing friend Kaity could write about how grass grows and I would still find it interesting. I love her, and am so blessed that she is in my life. She is the one with whom I got my second tattoo. Her site is not wordpress though, so here’s the link: http://www.beeautifulblessings.com/
3) Mrs. Captain Firepants is hilarious and not afraid to tell it like it is…which is why I find her blog so relatable and down-to-earth. Plus, she is from Texas and my family lives in Texas so I know that kind of pain. Just kidding, Mrs. Captain Firepants, Texas is a great state. I remember my grandmother asking me if I would like to visit the Texas Schoolbook Suppository (while she meant to say Depository) when we went to Dallas. She will never live down that ill-fated choice of words. Anyways, I enjoy reading about Mrs. Captain Firepants’ latest adventures and you will too.
4) I do not know her name, but her Letters to Bee (her name for her eating disorder) have this genuine honesty mixed with thoughtful, recovery-based insight mixed with raw emotions and powerful writing. Definitely not a site to pass up.
Well, those are pretty much the only blogs I read on a daily basis.
2 Corinthians 9:8
“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”